New MS-ECE Students

Welcome to the MS-ECE program at Sonoma state University! Get started by reviewing our checklist for new graduate students (below). If you have more questions, please contact the MS-ECE Program Coordinator, Dr. Mohamed Salem.

Admission status

  • To register for classes, you must officially respond to SSU offer of admission by emailing Engineering with your name and address. You will be given your SSU student ID once you contact us.
  • As a graduate student you should review policies relating to continuous enrollment, time restrictions for completing your degree and enrollment requirements for your final semester and rules to submit your thesis. See MS-ECE page for more information.
  • If you are unable to enroll for the semester indicated, it is important to contact the ES department, Engineering as soon as possible to clarify your eligibility to enroll in future semesters. If you do not apply for the semester indicated on your application you would need to reapply for admission and pay the admission fee.


Each fall, the Engineering Department sponsors an orientation to introduce new graduate students to faculty and other students. The orientation will be conducted at the beginning of the semester. Please contact Engineering for more information.


Visit the MS-ECE page for an overview of graduate student resources.

Accepted Student Checklist

  • Send an email to Engineering with your name, address, program and term of entry. Make sure you confirm that you are planning to register for classes in the upcoming semester. Receive your SSU Student ID number from the ES Department.
  • MS-ECE students who need to take undergraduate prerequisites should contact the Engineering Department to receive permission codes.
  • Obtain your Seawolf Student ID card from the Seawolf Service Center located on the first floor of Salazar Hall Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For security purposes, please be sure to bring photo identification with you.
  • Set up your email account. Email is the official means of university communication with students and should be set up as soon as possible. Go to Email, Calendar page for more information.
  • Complete your application for parking. Parking permits can be purchased online or in the Seawolf Service Center. Avoid a processing delay by filling the application out completely. In order to be eligible for university parking privileges, the applicant must be a current student and not have any outstanding university parking penalties or unpaid violations. For more information visit Parking Permits & Passes page.
  • Information about housing can be found at Residential Education and Campus Housing page.

For other information, please go to Campus Services page.