For admission, the applicant must have:
- a baccalaureate degree in a scientific or technical discipline from an U.S. institution accredited by an appropriate accreditation body, or an equivalent baccalaureate degree from a foreign institution of high reputation.
- attained grade point average of at least 3.0 (A=4.00) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted.
- completed the following SSU courses or equivalent at the undergraduate level with a GPA of 3.0 or higher:
- 3 semesters of Calculus (Math 161, 211, 241) and one semester of Probability Theory (EE 345)
- 1 semester of each of the following subjects: Electric Circuits with lab, Electronics with lab and Digital Circuits and Logic Design with lab (EE 220/221, EE 230/231 and EE 210)
- 2 semesters of Programming in an approved high level Procedural Language, modeling and simulation (CS 115 and EE 282)
The applicants whose GPA is less than 3.0 but greater than 2.5, or who lack not more than 18 units of prerequisite work (generally, 6 courses), may be accepted conditionally and must complete a program of study specified by the graduate coordinator at the time of admission before being given full admission. Students who successfully complete SSALI courses are eligible to apply to the MS-ECE program.
How to Apply for MS-ECE
As this is a new process, please work closely with the Faculty Coordinator, Mohamed Salem.