This page is designed for students currently enrolled in BSEE and MS-ECE degree programs. Please navigate to the appropriate topics for detailed information. Do not hesitate to reach out to us with any questions via email at Engineering@Sonoma.edu, by phone at 707-664-2030 or in person at Salazar 2004.
- EE, ES, and ECE Class Schedules
- Log in to Online Services and navigate to "MySSU/ My Schedule"
- Advising Schedules and Advisors
- Advising Schedules
- Fall Advising: First and second week of April
- Spring Advising: First and second week of November
- BSEE Academic Advisors
Please login to Online Services and navigate to the "MySSU/Advising Center" page for your EE advisor or see below:
- Last Name starting from A-G: Dr. Mohamed Salem
- Last Name starting from H-O: Dr. Sudhir Shrestha
- Last Name starting from P-Z: Dr. Nansong Wu
- MS-ECE Academic Advisor
- Graduate Coordinator Dr. Mohamed Salem
- Advising Schedules
- BSEE Roadmap
- BSEE Degree Requirements
- GE Roadmap for BSEE Students
- Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR)
GWAR is no longer required for students with catalog years prior to Fall 2023. This means that current undergraduate students who maintain continuous enrollment will not be required to fulfill the GWAR in order to graduate. New undergraduate students entering in the fall of 2022 and spring of 2023 will not be required to fulfill GWAR, provided they maintain continuous enrollment (can be found under Catalog Year for Graduation Requirements). Additionally, graduate students will no longer be required to fulfill GWAR.
- Minor in Other Disciplines
- Four + One, BS + MS Pathways
- Forms and Petitions
- Applying for Graduation
- Graduation with Departmental Distinction
Articulated Courses at Community Colleges
Articulated (Equivalent) Courses at Community Colleges has a non-exhaustive list of courses at community colleges that are articulated with Sonoma State. Please refer to assist.org and consult with your EE advisor if you need further information.
Assistantships, Scholarships, and Internships
- Engineering Research and Teaching Assistantships
- Research Assistantship from the Center for Environmental Inquiry
- Jobs & Internships
- Mathematics Engineering Science Achievement (MESA)
- Working in the LARC
- SSU Scholarships: SSU awards over $2.5M in financial aid and scholarships each year.
- Electrical Engineering Club
The Sonoma State Electrical Engineering Club is dedicated to fostering an environment of student achievement in terms of both academic and career development. The club aims towards creating a welcoming environment for Engineering enthusiasts of all levels to engage in discussion, participation, and sharing of ideas related to science and technology. It also strives to cultivate both technical skills and social connection among its members, regardless of their academic background.
- Society of Women in Engineering (SWE)
Society of Women Engineers (SWE) is a club at SSU with a focus on women representation in both the engineering field and the department. Members work together to grow a supportive community and to gather opportunities where they can improve their engineering skills as well as undergo new experiences. One of the staple activities of SWE is Solar Regatta; a competition where they build and race a boat against other universities and colleges. It is an event that allows them to enhance their skills and familiarizes them with working on complex electrical components on a practical level.
- IEEE Student Chapter
- Radio Club
Workshops and Lectures
Engineering Lab Access
To request access to a teaching or research lab, please fill out the lab access form available at the department office. For the teaching labs (Salazar 2001, 2003, 2005, and 2006), you need approval from the instructor of the lab scheduled in one or more of those labs. Students enrolled in EE 492 or 493 can request access to the Senior Design Lab Salazar 2007. For access to one of the research labs, you need approval from the director of the lab.
- Engineering Research Laboratories
- Cerent Engineering Science Complex
- Equipment and Instruments in Laboratories
Recommended Specs and Software Resources
For financial aid information, please visit the Financial Aid Office website.